I’ve been on a Fair Isle crochet kick lately, and I decided to try something more muted and a little bit….spooky.
A friend of mine is a lover of bats, creepy things, magical things, and creatures of the night. She also prefers neutrals and darker colors. So, the Nocturnal Creatures Bag was born!
It’s the perfect bag for:
- people who still love Harry Potter but need to at least pretend to be a sophisticated adult (you can still hide your wand inside it)
- lovers of owls and bats and other flappy-winged, dark-loving creatures
- wildlife biologists who enjoy a good woolen tote
- after-hours library lurkers
It was too cute not to write a pattern, so after a bevy of wonderful pattern testers vetted it last month, I’m unleashing it upon the crochet world.
For those interested in the pattern, here are some details:
Pattern location: Ravelry (FREE!)
- Paton’s Classic Wool (2 skeins dark, 1 skein light)
Gauge: 16 stitches and 20 rows = 4″ in waistcoat single crochet
Hook size: 4.5 mm
Links to video tutorials for waistcoat stitch and tapestry-style color carrying are included in the pattern.
Get started on it soon and you’ll definitely be done by Halloween!
As always, please contact me via Ravelry if you ever have questions about the pattern.